Teddy's Favorite Things

Saturday 19 March 2016

Saturday March 19, 2016 - The Day My Life Changed Forever


It was important for me that my precious puppy were to come from a reputable breeder whos pups have a history of good temperment, and good health.  As such my perfect Teddy was born about 4 hours east from my home, Toronto, in a small town called Spencerville.

Our 12PM pickup time meant that I would be waking up at around 6:30AM to get ready for the most amazing day of my life.  My siblings and parents (who are definitely equally as excited about, and obsessed with Teddy as I am), were not able to come with me for the pick-up.  They had to be on the other side of the province for my brother's iron ring ceremony, which I clearly NEEDED to miss (congrats Kev on becoming an engineer, and I'm sorry).




I arrived on time at a picturesque farm.  I ran out of the car, and met my precious Teddy bear at the door.  I am sure the breeder told me lots of very important things about his care, but I was too distracted to listen.  If I had to do it again, I would probably take notes.  After signing some documents from the Canadian Kennel Club, we were off.

I must admit, once we got organized in the car I started freaking out.  Having only been responsible for myself for the past 27 years, there was suddenly this whole other life I was responsible for.  I looked into his big round teddy bear eyes and started crying.  This just got real.

Perfect angel Teddy slept for the majority of the trip.  He did not let out one cry or whimper.  He just buried his face in my arm.  I brought a small dish of water which ended up coming in handy as he did have quite a bit (good instinct, Carly), and some peanut butter in the world's smallest Kong.  To be honest, he had zero interest in any of the snacks or toys we had.  He was definitely nervous, but automatically latched onto me, and clearly knew I was his new mommy.

As we pulled into my driveway I remember saying "this is actually going to be really easy".  Famous last words...
For more how-to's, tips and ideas, make sure you keep checking KeepingUpWithTheodor.blogspot.ca, and subscribe! Don't forget to stay in touch on my Instagram @KeepingUpWithTheodor for a regular dose of cute pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment